Out of school activities
At Springfield School we believe that opportunities outside the classroom and outside the school day can have a significant impact on the learning ability and social development of the pupils.
We are currently looking at the access to clubs for our pupils and will update this section of the website in the Summer 2022.
Please do look at other clubs available in the section below.
Below is the the Local Authority’s information on Short Breaks in Oxfordshire –
- School Clubs
- Other Clubs/Events
We are currently looking at reintroducing some school based clubs.
Below is a list of other clubs and events happening locally that might be of interest to school families.
Barnardos – ages 5 to 18 inclusive
Holiday and After School Clubs
Springfield School work with Barnardos who provide childcare after school and during holiday periods.
Please contact Barnardos to register your young person for their After School and Holiday Clubs, you can see their information in the attachments below.
You can contact the Team Leader at Barnardos Head office Tel: 01869 252905. https://www.barnardos.org.uk/
Aneesa Ali- team manager Aneesa.Ali@barnardos.org.uk
Bolan Gregory Session leader- Bolan.email@example.com
Jennie Masters- Admin finances Op’s support- firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on social media:
Facebook : Star Breaks Oxfordshire
Instagram : @star.breaks.oxon
[pdf link="#"]Barnardos What we do Information[/pdf]
[pdf link="#"]Barnardos What we do in symbols[/pdf]
- Holiday Activities, ages 11 – 18. See website for details. www.yellowsubmarine.org.uk
- Youth Club ages 13 – 18 – Tuesday (term time only)
- Held during term time from 6 – 8 at the Witney Early Intervention Hub (next to the Windrush Leisure Centre)
- Cost £3.
- Youth Club 18+
- Contact: email@example.com
ICE Centre Youth Club ages 11 +
We run a variety of activities for disabled children and young people and those with additional needs:
- Day services 9.00am – 4.00pm Mon – Fri (18+ years). During school & college holidays, we also offer activities for people aged 13+.
- Saturday ICE club 10am – 3pm
- Youth groups Tues 6.30pm – 8.30pm (11 – 18 yrs)
- Friday evening disco once a month 7.00pm – 9.30pm
- Sensory Room
Any questions about our services, please call us on 01993 846240 for more details.
Windrush Leisure Centre Multisports Club
- Thursdays, 3.30 – 4.30 for ages 13+
- Fridays, 3.30 – 4.30 for ages 7-13
- Term time only
- Both clubs are held at the Windrush Leisure Centre straight after School. Pupils are taken down to the Leisure centre by Transport and parents pick up.
- Cost approx £32.10 per term
- Contact: Jenny Bennett, Leisure Development Officer (Disability), West Oxfordshire District Council.
- Tel: 01993 861564 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR: Carol Willoughby at carol.willoughby@springfield oxon.sch.uk
Witney Wolves Rugby
Tag Rugby for ages 7 up with Witney Rugby Club minis and juniors. Sunday morning training, mini tours and international festival!
Witney Rugby Club – Tel: 01993 771043
Wolves on Facebook
Minster Lovell Lions Cricket
Training takes place at Carterton Community College during the winter months and at Minster Lovell Cricket Club during the summer months. For further information contact Mark Hubbert.
Tel: 07778 331564 Email: email@example.com
Tower Hill Football Club
- Training on Mondays 19.00 -20.00
- Witney ATP (near Lidl and MacDonalds in Witney).
- Friendly inclusive club currently recruiting players of all ages.
- Contact: Tracy Mathias 07817 455686 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Autism Friendly Cinema Screenings
Autism friendly cinema screenings take place monthly at most Cineworld and Vue Cinemas. For further information visit – Dimensions UK
Thomley Hall Activity Centre
Thomley Hall welcomes disabled people of all ages from babies to adults, and their families, carers or friends. They support people at any stage of their diagnostic journey, whatever their additional needs. They offer regular days for disabled visitors and their families. They also offer focus days for preschool children, adults, schools, respite groups and the wider community when any family can join us to enjoy our facilities.
The site is spacious and secure, with an excellent range of fully-accessible facilities. www.thomley.org.uk
Young Carers Group
Contact Witney Early Intervention Hub Tel: 01865 328730
- Every Friday – Term Time only 9.30 – 12am – younger children are welcome.
- ‘SPACE’ is a group of families with children experiencing some development difficulties or disabilities. They meet weekly on Friday mornings – at the Witney Early Intervention Hub (next to the Windrush Leisure Centre). A Group for friendship and advice.
- Contact Sharon Woodley on 07833 386014 for more information.
These links are provided for pupils and parents to explore out of school opportunities.
Parents are responsible for ensuring that clubs conform to appropriate rules and regulations.
West Oxfordshire Special Educational Needs
Facebook page is a good source of information for activities happening locally.
Oxfordshire Family Information Service
Oxfordshire County Council Website with information about activities, support, health, education and other matters of interest.
Oxfordshire Family Support Network OXFSN
A voluntary organisation providing advice and support for families and young people with a disability. There is also an online community, The Oxfordshire Learning Disabilities Community (LDOX) which is a useful source of information and support. www.ldox.org
Oxfordshire’s Website for Children and Young People www.oxme.info/cms
Behaviour Support Service
The Oxfordshire Learning Disability NHS Trust runs this service and they can offer support and advice for families. Referrals to the service are made through your GP, hospital consultant or community paediatrician.
KEEN is a registered charity and a joint organisation of Oxford University and Oxford Brookes University that provides social, sporting and recreational activities for children and young adults with special needs in the surrounding area. www.keenoxford.org
Please see below any links to surveys, consultations and questionnaires that might be of interest to school families.