Vision, Values and Aims
We believe in delivering a curriculum that is stimulating, accessible and appropriate for all of our pupils.
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum with appropriate resources for all of our pupils.
- To have realistic expectations for all of our pupils determined through comprehensive assessment.
- To ensure that all pupils are respected as individuals.
- To excel in what we do and to celebrate everyone's achievements.
- To ensure a consistent approach to manage the learning environment.
- To promote positive behaviour at all times.
- To promote preparation for life by focussing on life and social skills.
- To encourage everyone to be an active participant in their own learning.
- To be receptive to and to share new initiatives and ideas.
We believe all children should be educated in an inclusive community which provides appropriate opportunities to match individual needs.
- To work effectively with mainstream staff to maximise appropriate integration opportunities.
- To promote disability awareness within the community.
- To promote racial equality within the community.
- To develop effective links and make use of resources within the community.
- To share our facilities with the community.
- To offer our expertise to the community.
We believe in providing a friendly environment with effective relationships and communication within our school community.
- To work in partnership with parents to support the development of their child.
- To create an environment where everyone's contribution is valued.
- To ensure effective communication between all members of the school's community.
- To encourage active participation by all members of the school's community.
We believe in supporting effective team work between all staff and other professionals associated with our school.
- To provide an effective and constructive support network for all staff and other professionals that incorporates trust and time to celebrate.
- To support all staff in their professional development.
- To share expectations and responsibility for the whole school and its community.
- To support each other for the good of the whole school.
- To share expertise, knowledge, resources and information.
- To effectively monitor, evaluate and review our strengths as well as areas to be developed.
- To have an effective management team that is fair and approachable and shares in the leadership and management of the school.
We believe in developing effective management of resources to ensure best value for money.
- To ensure that systems are in place to determine 'best value'.
- To have a strategic school development plan that is linked to the budget.
- To fund raise.
We believe in providing a safe and secure environment for everyone.
- To provide safe and secure premises, resources and appropriate training.
- To provide clear guidelines for all Health and Safety issues.